Note: Guoman and Thistle will continue to take action to prevent any recruitment scams. We report any apparent fraudulent activity to the relevant authorities, including the police.
It has been brought to our attention that individuals and organisations, purporting to act on behalf of Guoman and Thistle, are contacting people offering fictitious employment opportunities within Guoman and Thistle group of Hotels. Such communications are Fraudulent and have not originated from Guoman and Thistle, and are intended to obtain money from the victims.
We take this matter extremely seriously and are working with the appropriate authorities to eliminate such activity.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid you becoming a victim.
What you need to know:
What Is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment Fraud is a sophisticated fraud offering fictitious job opportunities to unsuspecting job seekers. It is carried out through online services such as bogus websites or through unsolicited emails claiming to be from The Guoman and Thistle Hotel Group.
Such emails may ask recipients to provide personal information, sign bogus letters of employment organise UK working visas and ultimately payments to progress false applications.
Please note that Guoman and Thistle and/or any of our authorised agent will never ask for money or payments from the job applicants (whether as an employee or a contractor) at any point in the recruitment process.
How to Identify Recruitment Fraud?
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Thistle / Guoman Hotels logo is often featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address, date of birth, CV and passport details.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies or visa / Immigration processing agencies.
- Email correspondence is often sent from (or to) free web-based email accounts such as Yahoo.com, Yahoo.co.uk, Gmail.com, Googlemail.com and Live.com.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or platform telephone numbers beginning with +44(0)70 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency.
Any communications received from email or web site addresses such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , jobs.workpermit.com/employee/vacancy.php.job_via should not be responded to.
Guoman and Thistle Hotels employment policies and processes in the UK, involve personal interviews in most cases and candidates who seek employment with us in the UK are never required to pay us any sum of money in advance. To do so would be contrary to our business conduct guidelines and ethical practises.
What Should You Do?
Do….. If you think you have received a fraudulent communication immediately contact us at email@example.com and make sure that your Email includes the three items below:
- Original subject line : please do not change the original subject line of the email you received.
- Complete Headers: Email headers contain a detailed record of the specific route that an email took through the internet when it was sent to you. This means it can help us identify the perpetrators location(s). Full header information is included in every email that is sent.
- Complete message body: please include the complete, unedited content of the email message in question. Do not change or edit the message in any way.
Also to help us in investigation, please:
- Save messages from the perpetrator for further investigation if necessary.
- Contact your local Police and provide them with all the information have.
Do Not…... Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/ or offers of employment from people with whom you are familiar.
- Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Do not send money: Guoman & Thistle Hotels do not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job or a visa to enter the UK, either as an employee or a Contractor.
- Do not engage in further communication if you believe the communication may be fraudulent.
Find Out More About Scams
More information on scams and other frauds may be found on the Financial Services Authority website: htt://www.fsa.gov.uk/ or the Metropolitan Police website: http://www.met.police.uk/.